At Michael Anthony Estate Agents we’d like to offer some assistance to help you prepare for any forthcoming cold and wintry weather. By ignoring the required maintenance of your property, you could be landed with some hefty repair bills.
In the colder weather, we can all put on an extra layer on, however, your property might need some assistance – don’t leave it too late! At Michael Anthony Estate Agents, we’re perfectly placed to guide on how to prepare for the inevitable, forthcoming cold snap. Here’s some top tips and precautions to take to mitigate the damage caused by any big freeze:
- Insulate your pipes and the loft water storage tank. Put the insulation foam on top of pipes rather than underneath.
- Something many people don’t know or forget is to turn off any indoor valves on pipes leading to outside taps, then open the outside tap and leave it open to let any water drain out.
- If you have an empty property, regularly check all the taps, especially in the winter. By turning on the taps, you’re preventing frozen water stuck in the pipes and plumbing.
- If you are away from home in the winter, set the central heating to come on for a short period each day to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Find out where the mains water stopcock is, and make sure it turns off easily. If your pipes do freeze, turn the water off and thaw them out slowly – and manually – with hot water bottles. Don’t a blow torch – this could split the pipes and cause further damage.
- If you’re away from home or have an empty property, can you ask a neighbour or a friend to look in on your home? If there is a problem, it can be alerted early and costly damage could be prevented.
Some more top tips from Michael Anthony!
About Michael Anthony Estate Agents Michael Anthony Estate Agents has been helping residents in the three counties of Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire move since 1989. Our team uses a modern, adaptive and progressive approach to marketing that combines perfectly with a traditional blend of customer service that very few estate agents in the area can emulate. With professional photography, future proof marketing techniques and outstanding customer service. To book your free, no obligation market appraisal of your property please visit our website: https://www.michaelanthony.co.uk/