It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The Christmas TV adverts are airing, the lights are up in our local towns and festive cheer is spreading fast!
Therefore, it’s only human nature that you’ll want to decorate your home and get in the Christmas spirit. However, what do you do if you have your property on the market? Here are some top tips using our experience:
- The decorations, tinsel, and sparkle you like could very well put potential purchasers off. Decking your halls is very much like the colour of paint you choose for your walls; it’s your personal preference.
- We’d also suggest neutrality when it comes to exterior illumination and decoration. You might have the reindeer that sit proudly on your roof throughout December and we’re sure they look great. However, think of the impression you want potential purchasers to have when they pull up outside your property. Kerb appeal is very important to viewers.
- Christmas is a time when family and friends get together and celebrate the festive period. This seems to last the whole month of December. If you have your property on the market, don’t forget to tidy up to leave that positive impression. Make sure all the bottles are in the recyclable bin, food waste is put in the outside bin and the remnants of your party are put away. No one is saying you can’t have a top time, just be conscious that you are marketing your property, with the objective of selling.
- A little neutrality is always advisable when it comes to home much glitter and sparkle you spread throughout your home. With Michael Anthony’s effective marketing of your property, this should be the only Christmas your property is on the market, so next year’s Christmas can be looked forward to with excitement. As you won’t be selling your property next year, you can decorate it to suit your personal tastes!
- If you are selling your property in the New Year, make sure you take down all interior and exterior decorations in very good time. If a potential purchaser comes to view in March and you still have your exterior lights up, it might not set the right tone for your viewing.
For more advice, top tips and arranging your free market appraisal, please call your local office:
Aylesbury 01296 433666
Bletchley 01908 648666
Hemel Hempstead 01442 260025
Milton Keynes 01908 393553
Tring 01442 891177