Michael Anthony Estate Agency and Lettings Services are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Please read the following carefully.
By accessing, browsing or otherwise utilising the
How We Get Information About You
We may collect and process the following data about you as follows.
Information you give us: –
You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, copy of passports and other identification documents, value of properties, financial information, other family members ( including children) and the records and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback you leave for us. Additionally, our lettings business will have information you give us about previous properties you occupied, if a tenant, together with references and bank account details and rental payments.
Information we may collect from you: –
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information: –
- Technical information, including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier, location data and other similar identifying information required for your device to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
- Information about your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources: –
- We may collect information from other estate agents in relation to your sale or purchase
- Other external third parties, like solicitors and financial advisors
- In the case of lettings, credit reference information and references from previous landlords.
How We Use Your Information
How we will use information you give us: –
- To contact you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us.
- To (in the case of lettings) request that contractors attend your property to carry out repairs you may have requested or repairs that are required annually or by law.
- To provide you with information about other services that we offer.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services which we feel may interest you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To verify your identity.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud.
- To carry out reference and credit referencing in the case of lettings
- To provide customer support.
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to: –
- Selected financial advisors.
- Limited information to other estate agents to ensure your sale or purchase goes through smoothly.
- Prospective landlords in the case of tenants
- Companies that assist with the process of selling your property, by providing information about the chain you are in for instance.
- Removal companies or other third parties that you have asked us to recommend to you.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting information to these websites.
Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security failures to try and prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk and you agree that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless it has been proved that we have been negligent. We do not accept any responsibility for the protection of information or images provided to third party online sites that link to or from our website.
Your information will be held for at least six years for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes and thereafter for as long as reasonably necessary.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties that we have outlined in this policy. This will result in us ceasing to offer those services to you.
Access to Your Information
You have the rights to the following information: –
- The purpose(s) for which we processing your information.
- The categories of personal information we hold about you.
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed.
- The period for which we will store your information; or the criteria used to determine that period.
You have the following additional rights: –
- To a copy of the information we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party and in commonly used electronic form.
- To rectification or restriction of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it.
- To erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for Michael Anthony processing it.
- Where we have collected information about you from sources other than yourself, information about those sources.
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you.
- To ask us about the appropriate safeguards we take if we transfer your information to a third country or international organisation.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer Liz Tubb at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied about the way in which your information is handled you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Rectifying or Updating Your Information
You must ensure that any information you provide to us is correct and complete. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact Michael Anthony with questions: –
The data controller responsible for your information is Michael Anthony. You can contact us online at email@example.com or by post to Data Protection Officer, Michael Anthony Estate Agents 54 Kingsbury, Aylesbury Bucks HP20 2JE if you have any questions or complaints regarding our use of your information. As a data controller we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, and our registration number is Z2989280.