Buckingham Park Primary Schools
Buckingham Park is located conveniently for a number of excellent schools. The two for which it falls into the catchment area are:
- Buckingham Park Church of England Primary School is a large primary school serving the local community. Its aim is to provide a school which provides an outstanding education and to be at the heart of the local community. The school is housed in a modern, purpose-built school building, which forms part of the central square, Jubilee Square, on Buckingham Park alongside a large community centre, public park space and local shops. It was rated good by Ofsted at its most recent inspection.
- Elmhurst School is a well-resourced primary school; all classrooms are equipped with up-to-date ICT equipment and other learning resources. It has a dedicated adult learning space, children’s kitchen, counselling hub, sensory room and a well-stocked library – as well as computers in the ICT suite and a class set of iPads for the children to use.
Other nearby schools to Buckingham Park include:
- St Louis Catholic Primary School is a two-form entry Catholic Primary School in Aylesbury. It is a forward-thinking school aiming to instil within each child a passion and curiosity for life-long learning to equip them to achieve their true potential in a rapidly changing world. Children, parents, staff and governors will work in partnership to recognise and nurture the uniqueness of each child so that they will develop into caring, compassionate and confident citizens. The school was rated outstanding by Ofsted at its most recent inspection.
- Bierton Church of England Primary School is a voluntary controlled co-educational primary school catering for children between the ages of 4 and 11. The staff at Bierton are friendly and supportive and are committed to high standards of teaching and learning. The school was rated good at its most recent Ofsted inspection.
Buckingham Park Secondary Schools
Buckingham Park is conveniently located for a number of excellent secondary schools. Those for which it falls into the catchment area are:
- Aylesbury High School provides opportunities for girls to develop their skills and ideas through the arts, sport and recreation, house activities and community involvement as well as the formal curriculum. It aims to prepare girls for life in the fast-changing world of their adulthood, ready to play an active and positive part in the local, national and international community. It was rated outstanding at its most recent Ofsted inspection.
- Aylesbury Grammar School is an outstanding boys’ school with a reputation for achievement and learning. Its vision is to provide the finest education for all our students, rich in opportunities within an inspirational and genuinely caring environment. The 21st century brings many challenges and opportunities for students and the Aylesbury Grammar School aims to nurture their habits of learning so that they leave the school fully prepared to embark on their journey. It was rated outstanding at its most recent Ofsted inspection.
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School is a co-educational selective school in Aylesbury. Students benefit academically, culturally, socially and emotionally from studying in Aylesbury’s only co-educational grammar school: a diverse and colourful environment. In recent years the school has expanded and it received an outstanding rating at its most recent Ofsted inspection.
- The Aylesbury Vale Academy aims to create an achievement climate where each individual can be an active participant in their learning and have opportunities to flourish. The school received a good rating at its most recent Ofsted inspection.
Other schools located a short distance away include:
- The Grange School is an established school with original buildings from 1954 on its present site and additions since then. The school roll is approximately 1,400 pupils. The aims of the school are clearly defined to focus upon individual students, so that they may develop as wholly rounded people. The school aims to equip all students with the adaptability and flexibility to meet the demands of a rapidly changing world and to promote a sense of responsibility towards the family, the community and others.