What shops and amenities are there in Buckingham Park?
The 1035 houses within Buckingham Park belong to a mix of owner occupiers, key worker homes, shared ownership and housing associations.
Berryfields Medical Centre
This NHS-run medical centre includes a GP practice among a range of other essential services, and is located just behind Jubilee Square at the heart of the Buckingham Park development.
Buckingham Park Community Centre
The parish council owns and runs the community centre which was completed in 2012 and offers a great facility for private hire as well providing a home for local community groups such as the youth club, not-for-profit parent and toddler groups and Aylesbury Aces Bridge Club.
Buckingham Park has two different parks – the large play area located in the middle of the development which has play equipment and lots of open field space, and the small park at the edge of the estate which has its own ball court and playground.
Businesses in Buckingham Park
A self-contained village in itself, Buckingham Park has a number of its own shops on Jubilee Square. These include:
- Budgens (phone 01296 485137) which is open daily 7am-10pm and stocks a range of food, drink and everyday essentials
- Express Tanning and Beauty (phone 01296 393311) which is open daily from 10am-9pm
- Barnardo’s charity shop (phone 01296 330096)
- The Codfather fish and chip shop (phone 01296 427648), which is open from 12pm to 2pm and 4pm to 9pm
- Buckingham Park Pharmacy (phone 01296 332901) which is open weekdays from 9am to 6pm and Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
- Istanbul Pizza & Kebab (phone 01296 415500) which is located at 301 Prince Rupert Drive and open daily from 2pm-10pm.
Buckingham Park transport links
Aylesbury Vale Parkway railway station opened in 2008, ready to serve the new housing developments. The first phase of the Western Link Road, a new link road, connecting the A41 and the A418 started construction in 2013 and is now complete. Buckingham Park is also served by two bus routes. Buckingham Park is closest to Aylesbury train station, which is 2 miles away. However, Aylesbury Vale Parkway is only 2.5 miles away.
How far is Buckingham Park from London by train?
From Aylesbury train station to London Marylebone is 34 miles and the quickest train takes 55 minutes. Journey times from Aylesbury Vale Parkway into Central London are of a comparable length.
Buckingham Park to London by car
From Aylesbury to London via car is roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes. Aylesbury is served by the A41, which becomes the M40 at Bicester 13 miles west of Aylesbury. The A413 and A418 roads also run through the town. The M40 motorway at junction 9 is 14.7 miles away and the M25 motorway is around 21 miles away.